Simply Healthy Family may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Cabbage juice won’t likely be the first vegetable that comes to your mind when you think of veggie juicing. Tomatoes, celery, and carrot are usually the vegetables that people relate to vegetable juicing.
But cabbage is a very good veggie to be juiced. At minimum, you need cabbage and a quiet blender. I’ll tell you how to make cabbage juice in this article.
Why juice cabbage?
There are many health benefits of eating cabbage and drinking its juice. It can lower risks of diabetes, cardiovascular ailments, and cancer. It is also very rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
But you wonder– why don’t just eat cabbage instead of juicing it? Well, drinking cabbage juice makes it a lot easier for our body to absorb the many minerals and nutrients found in it.
Drinking cabbage juice is also recommended to people with digestive problems. By drinking it, they no longer have to experience the discomfort of breaking down gassy food.
Three Simple Cabbage Juice
I have three cabbage juice recipes that I would like to share with you:
Basic Cabbage Juice
- Small pot
- Mesh strainer
- 2 1-liter jars
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 500 ml of water
- Start by boiling the water in a small pot. If you are to use distilled water, skip this part.
- Put the chopped cabbage into a blender, and pour water into it. The blender should be about three-quarters full.
- Blend at low speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Blend the mixture at high speed for 10 seconds. You would want to have small pieces of cabbage left in the juice.
- Pour the mixture into the 1-liter jar. Seal it tightly.
- Let the jar sit at room temperature for 3 full days. This will hasten fermentation of bacteria in the juice, which can support good digestive function.
- After three days, open the jar and pour the contents into another jar using a strainer. This should help separate the solid parts from the liquid.
- Cap the jar and store the juice in the fridge. This juice is best served when chilled.
Cabbage With Blueberry Juice
- 1 medium cabbage sliced
- 1 large cucumber cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large apple
- Ice cubes
- Chop all the ingredients the put all of these in the blender. Process until it becomes liquefied.
- Cut a couple of 2-feet long pieces of cheesecloth. Unfold each piece then stack them on top of each other in such a way that there will be four layers of cheesecloth.
- Line the bowl with cheesecloth and then pour the contents of the blender right into the middle.
- Gather the edges of the cheesecloth with one hand. You’ll use your other hand to twist and squeeze the bundle so that you can extract the juice from the pulp.
- Pour the juice into a pitcher and serve with ice.
Cabbage Apple Cinnamon Juice
- 4 heads of cabbage with the stem cut out
- 1 small apple
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Simply place the ingredients in a juicer.
- Blend on high speed.
- Add the cinnamon and drink immediately.
Tips in Preparing and Drinking Cabbage Juice
Whether you’re following recipe 1, 2, or 3 here’s one thing you should remember– consume the cabbage juice right away.
This is especially true if you are to benefit from its positive effects on the digestive system. The amino acid glutamine found in the vegetable is fragile that you don’t want it to decay.
You should not buy pre-cut cabbage. Halved or shredded cabbage has lost most of its nutrient contents. I also keep cabbage in a plastic bag before putting it in the ref to prevent loss of vitamin C contents.
Related Content: Number of tablespoons in a cup, check out some measurement hacks!
Drinking cabbage juice can be one of the best things you can do for your health. It may not be the best tasting juice out there, but cabbage juice will make your digestive system function better. And you will have more fiber in your body.
Did you like this article? If you do, don’t forget to share this with your friends on social media.
Wife, Mom of 4 and so much more living in the Sonoran desert. I am passionate about making meals and snacks healthier without sacrificing flavor! I promise you that if you buy healthy foods and make healthy foods, YOUR KIDS WILL EAT HEALTHY FOODS! My motto: Live as naturally as you want to feel.