Simply Healthy Family may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
It is nice to have a tall glass of smoothie, milkshake, or blended fruit drink whenever you feel like it. This is why people get personal blenders so they could whip up a batch whenever they want to. But is it really whenever? What about in the office, during yoga, or in your shared room? This is where the services of the best quiet blender are needed.
A blender that can be as powerful but at the same time quiet and stealthy can be used even in the most delicate situations, such as in your room when someone is sleeping, at the office during a very critical meeting, or in a yoga class where everyone is trying to concentrate. You never know when a craving a chocolate smoothie comes.
How to choose a quiet blender
Although we are looking for a quiet blender, we don’t want to trade any other aspects of a good blender just for the sake of a lesser noise. Here are some of the things you should look for in choosing your quiet blender.
How quiet is the blender? That could be determined by the enhancements made in the blender for it to make less noise during blending. The most commonly used means of lessening noise is having a canister that covers the blender, thus confining the noise. Airflow is also optimized so that the motor will create less noise. Another means of lessening noise is the use of rubber mounted components to complement parts made of metal.
Never compromise power for noise. If you are into heavy blending then the blender that you choose should still have at least a 1000-watt motor that makes more than a 100 mph revolutions so that it can still crush the hardest particles such as ice.
It doesn’t have to be as portable as a travel blender. We know that those blenders don’t pack a punch like the conventional ones. But at least your blender should be compact enough to be carried to where an outlet is or in a location where it cannot be a distraction. This is important in the office or at the gym where people really needs to focus on what they are doing.
Ease of Operation
The blender should be user-friendly yet versatile at the same time. The presence of the pulse button and speed levels is a very big help. Having preset or pre-programmed buttons for shakes, purees, and smoothies is great too. It saves you time setting up the machine before it starts blending.
Ease of cleaning
The blender should be as easy to clean as it is easy to operate. What use is a quiet blender when you would still make noise in the sink when you wash it? There should be removable parts that are completely dishwasher safe. There are some blenders that have a preset option for cleaning. Just add warm water and detergent and press the button. This is a great option to have as well.
Safe from toxic chemicals
This is applicable for all blenders and appliances. Make sure that all the materials are food-grade and free from harmful chemicals. If it is possible to know, check to see if the canister is made from BPA-free and FDA approved materials.
The best quiet blenders Available Today
Check out my list of the best quiet blenders. I made an in-depth review of each of the blenders to make it easy for you to decide.
- #1. Hamilton Beach Professional 1500W Quiet Shield Blender with 32 oz BPA-free Jar & 4 Programs, Silver (58870)
- #2.Blendtec Pro 800 with WildSide Jar, Black
- #3. Hamilton Beach HBH850 Commercial Summit High-Performance Sensor Blender with 64-Ounce Polycarbonate Container, Black
- #4. Breville 800BLXL Die-Cast Hemisphere 2-Speed Blender with 67-Ounce Polycarbonate Jar
- #5. Ninja Professional Blender (NJ600)
#1. Hamilton Beach Professional 1500W Quiet Shield Blender with 32 oz BPA-free Jar & 4 Programs, Silver (58870)
This is a really powerful blender. It peaks a 1500-watt motor has a 2.0 peak horsepower which provides the kick to its stainless steel blade to rotate for up to 150 mph. This is strong enough to crush ice or other challenging materials.
There is no issue with noise as well. Its removable quiet shield makes sure that the noise made by ground food is confined within. The motor noise is also reduced by rubber mounted components and improved airflow.
Cleaning is totally easy. Just put warm water and soap to the canister and press the “clean” preset button. All its parts are removable and dishwasher safe as well.
- It has a 1500-watt, 2.0 peak horsepower motor that can crush any hard material.
- The stainless steel blades rotate at speeds of up to 150 mph for thorough blending.
- The removable quiet shield confines the grinding sound, while rubber mounted components and improved airflow mellows the motor noise.
- You have total control with blending with the variable speed dial and pre-programmed settings.
- The blender is very easy to clean. One of the pre-programmed function is “clean” where you just have to add warm water and detergent. Of course, all the parts except the motor is removable and dishwasher safe.
- It has a BPA-free container and quiet shield which is safe and toxin-free.
- The jar doesn’t have a handle. Use both hands and make sure it is dry before handling the jar to avoid slipping.
#2.Blendtec Pro 800 with WildSide Jar, Black
When I first saw this blender I was intimidated by the design. It was a bit unorthodox and edgy. But what overwhelmed me the most is the high technology embedded in this machine. Aside from the six preprogrammed functions and the 11-speed slider, this machine has a USB port and can be integrated to an online blend wizard tool for making customized blends.
The stealth technology makes it a really quiet machine despite having a 3.8 peak horsepower motor that can virtually crush anything.
- The stealth technology includes a noise proof case and a dynamic airflow system that confines the noise and reduces it to a minimum.
- The 3.8 peak horsepower motor can crush through the toughest food such as ice and frozen fruits.
- It has an illuminated, capacitive, touch interface that displays feedback and other information such as time remaining.
- It has 6 pre-programmed functions, an 11-speed touch slider, and pulse function which covers all blending needs.
- You can even make customizations of your blending through an online blend wizard which you can connect the blender in through a USB port.
- Safety from chemicals is assured with its BPA-free materials.
- The base is quite larger and heavier than other blenders. Although it is a downside on the portability and space-saving aspect, it actually helps in steadying the machine amidst its strong power.
#3. Hamilton Beach HBH850 Commercial Summit High-Performance Sensor Blender with 64-Ounce Polycarbonate Container, Black
Another overwhelmingly high-technology blender, this machine boasts of the “wave action system” in which the water motion pushes the particles down to the blades for thorough blending. There are no chunks left unblended.
Another major feature is the Auto-blend which causes the blender to automatically stop once the liquid inside reaches the perfect consistency. Aside from the hundreds of pre-programmed cycles, it has a USB port for future programming.
- It has a one-touch sensor technology makes the blender shut off automatically once the perfect consistency is reached./
- The wave action system makes the water flow downward to the blades to ensure that all chunks are blended thoroughly.
- It has a 3-horsepower motor with an all-metal drive coupling for optimum performance.
- Its unique airflow muffler and dual fans keep the motor cool and quiet.
- The quiet shield case keeps the grinding noise confined and lessened.
- Aside from the hundreds of pre-programmed cycles, it has a USB port for future programming.
- It has a stackable 1.8-liter container.
- Not all the parts are removable so some areas are hard to reach for cleaning like the bottom of the container which makes it susceptible to rust.
#4. Breville 800BLXL Die-Cast Hemisphere 2-Speed Blender with 67-Ounce Polycarbonate Jar
This blender boasts of a bowl/blade system in which the blade is specifically designed to cover the entire bowl area so there is no space where chunks are not blended.
It just has two speeds and a pulse, but its simplicity of operation is not actually a liability but a strength that makes it very easy to operate.
The 1000-watt motor is kept quiet by stainless steel and polymer parts that eliminate friction and provides smooth motor traction. It is easy to clean as well and most of the parts are dishwasher safe.
- It has the bowl/blade system in which the blade is designed to cover the entire bowl, thus not leaving any chunk unblended.
- It has an easy operating panel. Just two speeds and a pulse button.
- The 1000-watt motor is strong enough to crush hard food and yet is as quiet as ever with its stainless steel and polymer parts.
- The removable parts are all BPA-free and are dishwasher safe.
- Although the strong motor and the bowl/blade system is effective in blending, the lack of cycling options and the shape of the blade results in grainy outputs.
#5. Ninja Professional Blender (NJ600)
This blender packs a 1000-watt powered motor that is combined with the Total Crushing Technology to ensure everything is crushed and blended. The controls are fairly easy. It has three speeds and a pulse. It is basically everything that you need in a blender. Except that it didn’t cover the noisy part.
Don’t worry. Despite the absence of technology to suppress the noise, this blender is fairly quiet, to begin with. It is not as quiet as the other quiet blenders but it is not that loud either.
All the parts except the motor are removable, dishwasher safe, and BPA-free.
- The blender has a 1000-watt motor that is powerful enough to crush even the hardest of foods.
- It has the total crushing technology that leaves no piece of food unblended.
- It has a very simple yet efficient control system with three speeds and a pulse.
- All the removable parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free.
- There isn’t any feature that addresses the noise issue.
- The pitcher tends to break easily if used improperly or with really hard food items.
The best quiet blender for me is the Blendtec Pro 800 with WildSide Jar, Black. I was blown away by the unique design and was overwhelmed by the technology. This blender is really quiet without compromising power and performance. The high price tag is worth every penny.