Simply Healthy Family may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The best weekend always involves our friends, a good ballgame or movies, ice cold drinks, and a perfect batch of meat jerky. The struggle is real though in making a nice batch all the time. This is where the best meat slicer for jerky comes in.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Benefits Of Using A Meat Slicer
For all of you that makes your own jerky, you know what I mean when I say that making a batch of jerky is a long and tedious process even with the best knife set, especially if you do it the traditional way. It is different and harder to do than making hamburger patties with a meat grinder. Having a meat slicer streamlines your process and give you the following advantages as well.
Even And Thin Cuts
The first thing you have to do with the meat in order to start off with the jerky making process is to cut the meat as thinly and evenly as possible. Doing it the hard way means using a knife. You will spend hours cutting and slicing only to end up with thick and uneven cuts. Using a slicer makes it easy, fast, and evenly cut.
Using a knife to make thin and even strips of meat pose a risk of cutting your hand. There are a lot of factors that increases that risk. The knife can be dull, the meat can be hard, or you might be too tired or disoriented to focus and make perfect cuts. A meat slicer eliminates al these risks. You don’t even have to poke your hand near the blade at any time.
For those who wants the easy way out, you don’t have to go to the grocery and scour the shelves for ready to eat or processed jerky. Aside from the fact that it costs you more to buy ready made jerky, it may also include additives, preservatives, and other chemicals that might harm the body.
Signs Of A Good Meat Slicer
Your freedom from the hardships of jerky making doesn’t stop with just deciding to get a meat slicer. You need to choose the best one. The best meat slicer for jerky should fit the following criteria.
The material is always an issue when it comes to kitchen utensils. It doesn’t just mean sturdy and long-lasting. The quality of the material should also involve the fact that it is food-grade and there is no presence of harmful chemicals that might mix in the food.
A good meat slicer is designed to perform its meat-slicing job perfectly at the same time be able to perform other jobs as well. You should look for a meat slicer that can be enhanced of modified to be effective with doing different tasks. Choose one that can slice other food such as cheese, ham, and potatoes.
Easy To Use
Having a meat slicer with a lot of function is futile if it is going to make operating on that machine difficult. You should take ease of operation over a high number of function. You want a machine that would make your work easier and not make it more complicated.
Easy to Clean
Removable parts that can be easily clean with soap and water or dishwasher safe is an important factor. You would always want it clean since it makes direct contact with raw meat. It should also be free from parts where meat can get stuck and get difficult to remove.
The best meat slicer for jerky Available Today
- #1. Weston Realtree Outfitters Manual Meat Tenderizer & Jerky Slicer - Slicer/Cuber/Tenderizer
- #2. LEM Products 433TJ 2-in-1 Jerky Slicer and Tenderizer Attachment
- #3. Weston 01-0103-W 2-Speed Motor Attachment for Manual Cuber/Tenderizer & Jerky Slicer
- #4. Weston Products Jerky Slicer Blade Set in Package, Silver
- #5. Weston Manual Jerky Slicer, Single Support
Here is my detailed list of the best meat slicer for jerky available today.
#1. Weston Realtree Outfitters Manual Meat Tenderizer & Jerky Slicer - Slicer/Cuber/Tenderizer
As simple as it may look like, this jerky slicer does more just slice. It also has a basic mechanism that makes it simple to operate. Due to its size, it is very portable and only needs a flat surface to clamp on to. All the parts are removable and dishwasher safe.
- The meat slicer has a cast aluminum structure for durability and coated with a layer of food grade material for additional protection.
- The stainless steel combs are specifically designed to avoid shreds of meat to wrap around the blades.
- The clamp-on design makes it easy for the meat slicer to be mounted at any countertop.
- It is very easy to store due to its compact size.
- Being manually operated, it requires force to successfully slice and tenderize meat.
- This is not the machine for you if you just want to slice meat. It shreds the meat rather than just slice it.
#2. LEM Products 433TJ 2-in-1 Jerky Slicer and Tenderizer Attachment
The main feature of this meat slicer is that you can achieve what you specifically want, whether slice, shred, or tenderize, based on the attachment that you use.
If you like to slice and shred, just install the slicer shaft and make slices for up to 1 ¼ inches thick. If you want to tenderize the meat, just replace the slicer shaft with the tenderizer shaft. It can soften even tough cuts of meat with ease.
- The aluminum construction is coated with durable powder paint for added protection.
- You can either slice or tenderize by using different attachments and get your desired results.
- It can make 14 perfectly cut meat slices in one batch.
- LEM grinders can be attached to this machine for added versatility.
- This is not the machine for you if you prefer larger slices of meat. The output size is only at ¼ inches and there is no option for adjustment.
#3. Weston 01-0103-W 2-Speed Motor Attachment for Manual Cuber/Tenderizer & Jerky Slicer
If you want to beef up your slicing experience using your Weston manual slicer, you need to have this motor attachment. It basically relieves you of using force and makes it faster for you to achieve the perfect cuts.
With the right set of blades, you can also use the motor as an electric meat tenderizer so you get tender cuts all the time. All in all the job gets done without you making a single crank of the handle
- This is perfect for people that cannot exert enough force to cut through tough meats.
- It doesn’t require any complicated procedures to operate. Slice or tenderize with just a touch of a button.
- It can be removed as easy as it is attached so you always have the option to go manual or electric.
- The couplings and screws that come with the motor tend to not match with the holes in the meat slicer. You need to get the perfect set of screws to install it properly.
- It has to be purchased separately instead of just be included in the set.
#4. Weston Products Jerky Slicer Blade Set in Package, Silver
Although not a meat slicer by itself, getting a hold of this attachment broadens the capability of your current meat tenderizer and slicer. Use this for either your Weston or Realtree Outfitters Manual meat slicer to convert it to a convenient jerky slicer.
- There is no need to purchase a separate jerky slicer if you have this blade set installed.
- It is compatible with either Weston or Realtree Outfitters Manual meat slicers to convert it to an effective jerky slicer.
- Its parts are all metal, ensuring durability and effectivity in slicing.
- You cannot use it by itself. You have to get a compatible meat slicer first.
#5. Weston Manual Jerky Slicer, Single Support
The good thing about this jerky slicer is that it can accommodate meat sizes of up to 1 ¼ inches thick and 5 inches wide. You don’t have to pre-slice that much just to put it in this slicer.
The cast iron construction ensures durability while the food grade coating ensures further protection without the risk of ingesting harmful chemicals.
- It has a sturdy cast iron construction with a food-safe coating.
- It has 32 blades that cut through tough meat easily.
- Steel combs prevent the meat from getting entangled in the blade.
- It accepts meat as 1 ¼ inches thick and five inches wide.
- The clamp-on design makes it portable and easy to use. Just look for a flat counter surface, clamp it tightly, and start slicing.
- It makes thick slices which at first glance may be too thick for jerky. But it actually is the right size considering that the meat tends to shrink in the process.
- The blades have the tendency to jam if the cuts of meat are too large. You just have to go with the recommended size to effectively slice meat.
For me, the best meat slicer for jerky is the Weston Realtree Outfitters Manual Meat Tenderizer & Jerky Slicer - Slicer/Cuber/Tenderizer. Aside from its efficiency in cutting meat, various attachments can enhance the cutting experience resulting in having the best meat jerky every time. Its compact size makes it easy to carry anywhere, and the clamp-on design allows you to use it at most counter surfaces.