Lasagna will always be a part of my order whenever I go to a pasta of pizza place or whenever I can get one. It is hard to pass up on this layers of cheesy and meaty goodness soaked in delicious sauce. There are times that a single serving is not enough for me. At times I think, it is nice to have shops where I can take a lasagna when I want one, but it is definitely better if I can make it in my own kitchen.
I always thought that to be able to create such a wonderful food, I would need to have a background in culinary arts. I thought that making a tray of lasagna is painstakingly hard and tedious. Little did I know that creating this masterpiece can be easy. With the help of the best lasagna pan and easy-to-get ingredients, you will be holding a fresh batch of lasagna taken out from your own oven.
What makes the best lasagna pan?
Luckily, there is not too much to consider in finding the best lasagna pan. The considerations might be few, but you really need to think about what you want in your lasagna to be able to make the right choice.
Simple Lasagna Recipe
I will be giving you a detailed review on each of the best lasagna pan available today, but first, let me give you a simple lasagna recipe to start with.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- First, brown the ground beef in a large skillet then remove the grease.
- Stir mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes in a saucepan and then add spaghetti sauce into to simmer for about 5 minutes. Add half of the parsley, salt, and pepper in the mix as well.
- On a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese and eggs till combined.
- Spread evenly a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. Layer with uncooked lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, mozzarela cheese and meat sauce. Repeat the layers until all ingredients are used, save ½ cup mozzarella to melt on top later.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake 350°F for 45 minutes in a preheated oven. Uncover and top with remaining cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes. Let it stand for another 10 minutes before serving.
Best Lasagna Pan Available Today
Now that you have a recipe to make, let us take a look at the best lasagna pan to cook it with. Here is my take on the best lasagna pans available today.
- #1. Cuisinart 7117-14RR Lasagna Pan with Stainless Roasting Rack
- #2. Cook Pro 561 4-Piece All-in-1 Lasagna and Roasting Pan
- #3. All-Clad 00830 Stainless-Steel Lasagna Pan with 2 Oven Mitts / Cookware
- #4. Chicago Metallic 26783 Lasagna Trio Pan, 12.40 by 16.00 by 3.0 – Silver
- #5. Rachael Ray Stoneware 9-Inch by 13-Inch Rectangular Lasagna Lover Pan
#1. Cuisinart 7117-14RR Lasagna Pan with Stainless Roasting Rack
The mirror-polished stainless steel body is elegant enough to be used for buffet tables and be served directly from the oven to the dinner table. Its riveted stainless steel side handles make it easy to handle the pan in and out of the oven. The stainless steel is nonreactive, preserving the flavor and taste of the food. It comes with a stainless steel rack, making it perfect for other baking goods as well.
- The mirror-polished stainless steel exterior looks elegant and beautiful, perfect for dinners and buffet tables.
- The stainless steel roasting rack makes the product versatile enough to be used for roasting and other recipes.
- The riveted stainless steel handles helps move the dish easier and safer.
- The pan may warp when it is not used according to instructions.
#2. Cook Pro 561 4-Piece All-in-1 Lasagna and Roasting Pan
This set is perfect for every occasion. It includes two different sized pans so you can make lasagna perfectly on your preferred size. It has stainless steel side handles that allow easy handling to and from the oven. You can also make roasts and other recipes with the stainless steel racks that come with the pack. Its mirror-polished stainless steel exterior is great for any gathering or party. Just take it out from the oven and serve it directly to the dinner or buffet table.
- It comes with two differently sized pans to choose for different using purposes.
- It comes with stainless steel roasting racks for roasting and other baking recipes.
- The stainless steel handles makes it easy to move the pans.
- Its beautiful exterior is elegant enough for buffet tables and special dinners.
- The racks are not stainless steel and are prone to rust of not taken care of properly.
#3. All-Clad 00830 Stainless-Steel Lasagna Pan with 2 Oven Mitts / Cookware, Silver
This piece of hardware is rock solid. It not only is safe in dishwasher but also doesn’t warp, all the while rocking its sleek polished stainless steel exterior. It is beauty and durability in one. The long loop handles make it easy to transport the pan from the oven directly to the table or buffet. It is specifically designed with rounded bottom corners for easy spatula access.
- Its sleek polished stainless steel exterior is beautiful enough to sit in dinner and buffet tables.
- It has long loop stainless steel handles with stainless steel rivets for easy access and transport of pan from the oven to the table.
- The single-ply polished stainless-steel construction with thick aluminum base is warp resistant and dishwasher safe.
- It is made of 18/10 stainless steel cooking surface which has excellent nonstick properties.
- It comes with free high-quality oven mitts.
- There is nothing to dislike about this pan.
#4. Chicago Metallic 26783 Lasagna Trio Pan, 12.40 by 16.00 by 3.0 – Silver
Baking the meatloaf or cooking three lasagna dishes on one go with this cookware. The best thing about it is that each compartment fits the standard measurement of lasagna noodles. A custom spatula makes the first slice easy and mess-free. It is of a nonstick steel construction and is dishwasher safe.
- Each compartment is of standard lasagna size, making it easy from assembly to serving.
- You can acquire a custom spatula for easier serving.
- It is nonstick for easy food release and cleaning.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- There is nothing to dislike about this product.
- It could have been better if the spatula is for free.
#5. Rachael Ray Stoneware 9-Inch by 13-Inch Rectangular Lasagna Lover Pan, Purple
The main feature of this cookware is its vibrant and bright colors that reflect fun and excitement in cooking. It is made of durable stoneware which is oven safe for up to 500°F. Its wide handles provide ease in transport and access during cooking and preparation.
- Make your kitchen and parties alive with the exciting colors.
- It is non-reactive to food and is oven safe for up to 500°F.
- Its wide handles help in easy preparation and handling of food.
- Since it is stoneware, the pan may chip and crack if it is not used as in the directions.
The clear winner is the All-Clad 00830 Stainless-Steel Lasagna Pan with 2 Oven Mitts / Cookware, Silver. The stainless steel material is not just warp-free and durable, it is also non-stick. It is beautiful enough to sit in buffet tables and in parties. Aside from the fact that there is nothing more you could ask for in a pan, this pan is made by All-Clad, a brand synonymous with quality.