Simply Healthy Family may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
When I first heard the word “Pizzelle”, the first thing that came out of my mind were cute little pizza babies. Well, it wasn’t even close. A pizzelle is a dessert of Italian origin that is somehow close to our waffles. It is a cookie created through a mixture of flour, eggs, butter, vanilla, and flavorings. The perfect taste of this delicate treat is not just through the use of the finest ingredients, but also by using the best pizzelle maker.
If you have tasted one, whether, through an Italian bakery of through a friend that loves baking, you can agree that this is something that you can make at home. Just like how making perfect Bundt cakes or lasagna require a special device to achieve, you need the help of a pizzelle maker to make the perfect batch.
The challenge now is to get the perfect tool to help you do the job. I am here to make sure that you wouldn’t make mistake and waste money on something that is useless. To start off, I am giving you some pointers.
Things to consider in choosing a pizzelle maker
Before checking out prices and specs of pizzelle makers, you first have to consider the following factors.
The best pizzelle maker available today
To make it easier for you to decide, I came up with a list of my top pizzelle maker for you to choose from.
#1. Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press
It is no wonder why Cuisinart always makes my top 5 list. The quality of their appliances is as if they have the customer in mind when they are designing it. This pizzelle press is no exception.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced baker, this will make your cooking easier. All you have to do is put the batter in the two, 4-inch nonstick plates, select your preference of browning with its 5 levels, and wait for the light indicator to know when it is done. No more guessing.
Cleaning is easy. Just wipe with a damp cloth and everything will come off easily. No need to scratch the surface. Even storage is easy. Just fold it and put it in. It eats up very little space and is perfectly portable.
- It has two nonstick plates with decorative patterns that can make two 4-inch cookies in one batch.
- Select your preference with the 5 browning level options.
- The indicator light tells you if the cookies are done. There is no need to guess.
- The plates are easy to clean. Just wipe with a damp cloth and you are good to go.
- A locking lid ensures even heat distribution and even browning.
- The set includes a measuring spoon and a rolling dowel for cannoli.
- The latch is made of plastic. Use it with care to avoid breakage and malfunction.
#2. CucinaPro Non-Stick Pizzelle Maker 220-05NS - Makes Two 5" Cookies at Once
The good thing about this pizzella maker is that it makes 5-inch cookies instead of the usual 4 inches. This size is perfect for making cones. The patterns look good and enticing and the nonstick coating ensures that the pattern will appear on the cookies. The machine is equipped with steam guards to avoid burns and hand injuries. Cleaning is easy. Just wash it with soap and water.
- The nonstick plates make two 5-inch cookies at once.
- The heavy constructed plate ensures even heat distribution.
- It has a steam guard to protect hands from burns.
- It is easy to clean. Just wash with soap and water.
- There is no indicator light to know if the cookies are done.
- There is no option for selecting the level of brownness.
#3. Chef's Choice 834 Pizzelle Pro Express Bake
True to its name, this pizzelle maker cooks perfect cookies in just thirty seconds. It has two plates that make a maximum of two 4 ¾-inch cookies in one batch. Even heat distribution is taken care by integrated locking latch that ensures uniform thickness. Cleaning is easy due to its nonstick baking surface.
- It has two nonstick plates that can cook two 4 ¾-inch cookies in a single batch.
- You can get your perfectly cooked cookies for as fast as thirty seconds.
- The plates have an instant temperature recovery feature that allows it to be always hot enough to bake all the time.
- Even heat distribution and uniform thickness are ensured by the integrated locking hatch.
- The set includes recipes that you can easily apply right away.
- Since the plates heat up fast, there is a tendency for the cooking to implode and force open the latch due to the steam build-up.
#4. Chef's Choice 835 Pizzelle Pro Express Bake
This is an upgraded version of the 834 model reviewed above. Instead of two cookies, you can now make three 3-inch party size cookies in sixty seconds. It keeps its express moniker with its fast heat recovery making it ready to cook all the time. It has an overflow channel for the excess batter that is nonstick and easy to clean together with the plate.
- It has a nonstick plate that can cook-up three 3-inch cookies in one batch.
- This pizzelle maker is really express. It cooks a batch in sixty seconds and recovers heat quickly so it is always ready to bake.
- It has an overflow channel that gathers all the excess batter.
- It has an indicator light for heating up and ready status.
- You can choose the brownness of your cookies with a turn of the color dial.
- It comes with a free batter spoon, wooden cannoli, and easy recipes.
- The cooking plate design results in thickly made cookies and there is no option for adjustment to maker thinner batches.
#5. Palmer Pizzelle Maker Classic
If you want the traditional feel but doesn’t want the traditional hassles, this is the pizzelle maker for you. It is made with cast aluminum plates with chrome and aluminum body. Its 800-watt heating element cuts cooking time in half compared to traditional hand irons. It comes with a free cone roller and a 5-year manufacturer warranty.
- It makes two 5-inch cookies in one batch.
- It has an 800-watt heating element that cooks crispy pizzelle in half the time spent with hand irons.
- The cast aluminum plates distribute heat evenly and are durable.
- It comes with a five-year manufacturer warranty.
- There is no light indicator if the pizzelle are done.
- The plates are not non-stick and need to be generously oiled to have a decent food release.
The best pizzelle maker for me is the Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press. It has all the qualities of a trusty pizzelle maker. It has a light indicator, brownness control, nonstick plates, and is easy to clean. The freebies are nice too.
Wife, Mom of 4 and so much more living in the Sonoran desert. I am passionate about making meals and snacks healthier without sacrificing flavor! I promise you that if you buy healthy foods and make healthy foods, YOUR KIDS WILL EAT HEALTHY FOODS! My motto: Live as naturally as you want to feel.