Simply Healthy Family may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
A microwave toaster oven combo is a kitchen appliance that combines the features of a toaster and a microwave, allowing you to cook foods without firing up a traditional oven. Using a microwave oven to cook meals saves time and money and reduces heat output.
When buying a convection microwave toaster oven combo, prioritize highly reviewed products from trusted, reputable brands. The best microwave toaster ovens have powerful, versatile heating elements and special presets for cooking certain foods.
Best Toaster Oven Microwave Combo: Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven
|Product name||Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven|
|Size||Two sizes: 1.2 cu ft and 1.5 cu ft|
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven Pros & Cons
- Features include various cooking presets, auto-bake and auto-roast options, and energy-saving eco mode
- Available in two sizes, the largest measuring 1.5 cubic feet, both offering enough space to roast an entire chicken
- Built-in sensor adjusts cooking time and temperature according to the humidity of foods, allowing you to enjoy perfectly cooked foods
- Available in two colors — black and silver stainless steel — so you can match it to your other kitchen appliances
- Costs less than $250
- Has a large footprint and isn’t ideal for homes with limited kitchen countertop space
- A version of the EC042A5C-BS is compatible with Amazon Alexa, but some customers had issues with connecting this microwave oven to their Alexa device
The Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven is the best microwave toaster oven combo for people who want to invest wisely in a product that has been positively reviewed by more than 25,000 customers. If you’re looking for an affordable, reliable microwave toaster oven that offers a range of time-saving smart features, this Toshiba model is a good choice for you.
The six-in-one model has power, air-fry, broil, bake, combi, and pro defrost settings, and the four-in-one model has all of these settings except broil or pro defrost.
|Product name||Toshiba ML2-EC10SA(BS) Multifunctional Microwave Oven|
|Size||Two sizes: 1.0 cu ft and 1.5 cu ft|
Toshiba ML2-EC10SA(BS) Multifunctional Microwave Oven Pros & Cons
- Costs around $200
- Multiple features including cooking presets, six different cooking functions, and energy-saving mode
- Sleek, modern black design
- Doesn’t include a keypad, and some customers dislike entering the time by pushing a multi-use button
- First-time users find it difficult to understand the air-fry setting
The Toshiba ML2-EC10SA(BS) is well-suited to anyone looking for an affordable, easy-clean microwave toaster oven combo that cooks a variety of foods in multiple ways.
|Product name||GE 3-in-1 Countertop Microwave Oven|
|Size||1.0 cu ft|
GE 3-in-1 Countertop Microwave Oven Pros & Cons
- Attractive, quiet, and has a small footprint, making it suitable for kitchens with limited side space
- Costs less than $200, making it one of the most affordable high-quality microwave toaster combo ovens available
- Settings are easy to use and the presets are useful
- Missing some of the features of other top microwave toaster ovens, like eco-mode, child lock, and mute functions
- Customers say that the air-fryer mode isn’t as powerful as a standalone air-fryer
The GE 3-in-1 Countertop Microwave Oven is ideal for people looking for an affordable multifunctional microwave that won’t take up too much kitchen space — but it’s not the best option for people who want a powerful air-fryer function.
|Product name||Galanz GTWHG12S1SA10 4-in-1 ToastWave|
|Size||1.2 cu ft|
Galanz GTWHG12S1SA10 4-in-1 ToastWave Pros & Cons
- Multiple toasting options, including a function for bagels
- Sleek, attractive, user-friendly design, with a stainless steel finish and a smooth touch panel
- Offers even heat distribution at any temperature setting, with a built-in humidity sensor that prevents overcooking or undercooking
- $100 more expensive than our top picks on this list
- Some customers thought that the air-fryer mode wasn’t powerful enough
The Galanz GTWHG12S1SA10 4-in-1 ToastWave is ideal for people who want a multi-functional toaster oven as well as a microwave. As well as the dedicated toast setting, this toaster convection microwave has settings for cooking pizza and toasting bagels.
|Product name||NUWAVE Bravo Air Fryer Toaster Smart Oven|
|Size||1.0 cu ft|
NUWAVE Bravo Air Fryer Toaster Smart Oven Pros & Cons
- Modes include bake, roast, air-fry, broil, and a dedicated toast preset
- Includes a patented digital temperature probe that measures the internal temperature of cooking foods and automatically shuts off the heat when the food reaches the required temperature to prevent overcooking
- Fully adjustable fan speeds and heating elements, enabling cooking customization
- Some customers found this microwave toaster oven combo confusing to operate
- With a 1-cubic-foot capacity, this model isn’t as spacious as other popular models available today
The NUWAVE Bravo Air Fryer Toaster Smart Oven is best suited to people who are excited by high-tech kitchen appliances and enjoy figuring out how to use different functions, presets, and cooking options. This convection microwave toaster oven combo is one of the cheapest on this list, so it’s good for small budgets too.
|Product name||JALANTEK 4-in-1 Microwave Oven|
|Size||1.2 cu ft|
JALANTEK 4-in-1 Microwave Oven Pros & Cons
- Includes modes for baking, microwaving, and air-frying foods, as well as presets for broiling and reheating
- Safety features including child lock and a double glass door, so it’s a good option for families
- With a 1.2-cubic-foot capacity, the unit is large enough to fit a whole roast chicken — great for family cooking
- Costs around $50 more than the other products on this list but doesn’t offer any more features than its competitors
- This model is newly listed on Amazon and doesn’t have many customer reviews to give an insight into its user-friendliness
The JALANTEK 4-in-1 Microwave Oven is a good choice for people with flexible budgets who want an easy-clean, family-friendly stainless steel microwave toaster oven.
|Product name||TOSHIBA 7-in-1 Countertop Microwave Oven|
|Price||Starting at $329.90|
|Size||0.9–1.0 cu ft|
TOSHIBA 7-in-1 Countertop Microwave Oven Pros & Cons
- Seven different cooking functions, acting as an oven, a microwave, an air-fryer, and a toaster in one appliance
- Powerful air-fryer mode — a feature that many microwave toaster oven combos struggle with
- The included recipe book is useful and offers inspiration for people who have never cooked with a toaster microwave oven before
- More expensive than its competitors, but offers a similar performance and no additional features
- Preset modes are difficult to program without following the directions in the user manual
The TOSHIBA 7-in-1 Countertop Microwave Oven is well suited to people looking for a space-saving, all-in-one toaster microwave oven with exceptional air-frying abilities. Due to its confusing preset programming, it’s best for people who feel confident using technology.
What to Consider When Buying a Microwave Toaster Oven Combo
When buying a convection microwave toaster oven combo, consider your preferred oven size, capacity, and wattage, and look for useful features and specs, like pre-programmed settings and child lock doors. Ensure the unit has a good warranty and is manufactured by a reliable, well-known brand.
Consider which features you plan to use the most on your microwave toaster oven combo, and make sure the product excels in these features. For instance, if you want to do a lot of convection cooking, look for a product with an excellent, highly-reviewed convection oven setting.
Finally, consider the convection microwave toaster oven’s ease of operation and cleaning, to ensure the system is fuss-free to own and operate throughout its lifespan.