Simply Healthy Family may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
It is very hard to imagine breakfast without toast. It has become a staple part of our daily lives. As a toast lover, whenever I see bread, I would always think of how good it is if it was toasted. It is not even just for breakfast. Even for snacks and dinner time, or just experimenting with vegan butter, I prefer my bread toasted. Thanks to the best long slot toaster, I can perfectly toast almost every bread that I like.
You can say that having a regular two slice toaster is enough for our regular daily needs. But with the evolution of bread and the ever-broadening variety of pastry today, a true bread enthusiast will not be contented by just having a regular toaster.
|#||Product Name||Product Image||Store Name||Our Rating|
|#1||Hamilton Beach 24810 4-Slice Long Slot Keep Warm Toaster|
|#2||Breville BTA830XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster|
|#3||BELLA LINEA 2 Slice Toaster with Extra Wide Slot|
|#4||KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster with High Lift Lever|
|#5||Oster TSSTTR6330-NP 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster|
The need for long slot toaster
To emphasize the need for a long slot toaster, here are some reasons on why you need to get one now.
The variety of bread sizes
The most obvious reason why you need a long slot toaster is that different pieces of bread have different sizes. Gone were the days that bread has one standard slice and size that a single toaster can accommodate all your toasting needs. Today, bagels, toaster waffles, fruit bread, corn bread and artisan pastries have become bigger, longer, and deviant to their standard slices, so the need to fit these in the toaster arises.
If you are in the baking business or you prefer buying your bread by the loaves, it is good that you can slice your bread the way you want it and still be able to put it in the toaster. You want your best bread to be cut the best way and get it toasted perfectly. With toasters of the past, you have to buy sliced bread or slice it so that it would fit the toaster. Well, not anymore with the help of a long slot toaster.
Funny as it seems, the stuff we watch in cartoons where the character gets electrocuted with a fork in the toaster is actually happening in real life. When an oversized bread is forced in the toaster and gets stuck, people tend to use metallic kitchenware to remove the stuck bread and unfortunately at times forget that the machine is still plugged. The larger and longer spaces of long slot toasters prevent this type of mishap from happening.
Not only will you be able to toast artisan bread with various size and color but some variants of the long slot toaster have features that can heat and toast food such as grilled cheese, paninis, cheese biscuits and even tortillas. It is the only machine that you will need for all of your toasting needs.
Long slot toasters have a narrower and slimmer design compared to oven toasters thus is a good space saver if you have a limited space. Not only that, the design and features can also complement your existing kitchenware and enhance the beauty of your kitchen.
Things to consider in getting a long slot toaster
Now that we have established the need for a long slot toaster, here are the things you need to consider in getting one.
Number of slots
The more slots, the merrier. Since you are leaving your regular two-slice toaster, why not look for a long slot toaster that can give you more slots for more pieces of bread? A four-slice long slot toaster is typical.
Size of slots
The typical length of a slot should be around 10 inches, and the width should be at least an inch and a half to accommodate larger and thicker pieces of bread. There are toasters with smaller slots that you can acquire and it just depends on your preference and the type of bread you usually toasts.
Ease of Cleaning
The issue with toasters is the crumbs that pile up beneath the slots where it is difficult to clean and remove. Since it is not seen and at times taken for granted, it often becomes infested with pests and germs. Although they die with the heat of the next toast, but still. Get a model with a removable crumb tray so that it is easy to clean. You can take care of the residue and maintain the cleanliness of your toaster.
Since you are going to upgrade, you might as well maximize it by getting a model which has extra features on it. It could be a preprogrammed option for frozen foods, for reheating, and for actual toasting. It could be a keep-warm function where the bread keeps warm until you take it out of the toaster. Make sure that you got value-added features to your purchase.
Best long slot toaster available today
Now that we have set the tone for some toasting, here is our list of the best long slot toaster available today.
- #1. Hamilton Beach 24810 4-Slice Long Slot Keep Warm Toaster
- #2. Breville BTA830XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster
- #3. BELLA LINEA 2 Slice Toaster with Extra Wide Slot, Color Polished Stainless Steel
- #4. KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster with High Lift Lever, Contour Silver
- #5. Oster TSSTTR6330-NP 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster, Stainless Steel
#1. Hamilton Beach 24810 4-Slice Long Slot Keep Warm Toaster
This toaster is the best for multitasking people. It has a keep warm option that prevents the bread from getting cold even though the timer is up. It has three selections, keep warm, bagel, and defrost, and you also can even select the shade of your toast. Its dimensions are Height: 7.78″ Width: 7.5″ Depth: 15.77″, enough to fit large fresh bagels and pieces of bread.
- An extra-wide slots can fit large bread and bagel.
- It has a keep warm function.
- A stay-cool exterior that prevents burns and accidents.
- The toast will be lifted higher for easier removal.
- It has an under-base cord wrap.
- The indicator beep needs some modification and improvement.
- It tends to cause uneven toasts if the bread is placed improperly.
- The power cord is awkwardly placed and is short.
#2. Breville BTA830XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster
This toaster is perfect for people on the go. Just put your bread into the toaster, and the alarm would beep as soon as the bread is done. If you are annoyed with beeping sounds, you can set it to mute. The dimensions of (L) 14.9″ x (W) 7.7″ x (H) 7.5″ is apt in accommodating large slices of bread. If you want to check how done is your bread, there is a lift-and-look option that allows you to check on your bread without interrupting the toast. It has a crumb tray for easy cleaning.
- Four adequately sized slots can fit different kinds of bread.
- It has a clear led-lit control panel and progress indicator.
- The toast ready sound alert can be set to high, low, and mute to notice you.
- It has an easy to clean crumb tray and a concealed power cord storage.
- Improper use might cause the lever that lifts the bread up to malfunction.
#3. BELLA LINEA 2 Slice Toaster with Extra Wide Slot, Color Polished Stainless Steel
A simple toaster that can do the job, this is what this toaster is about. It has two slots big enough to fit large bread and bagels. It has pre-programmed functions for customized toasting, and 6 shades of toast that you can select and set. It has a highly-elevated lever to pick-up bread easily. For easy cleaning, it has a removable crumb tray and a concealed power cord storage.
- A stainless steel body is durable and beautiful.
- The pre-programmed functions for many purposes includes bagel, defrost and reheat.
- It has six shades to choose from for the perfect toast.
- A slide-out crumb tray and convenient power cord storage is easy to clean.
- A high-lift lever helps you easier to pick-up of even-smaller-bread when done.
- The shade control can be inaccurate sometimes, making uneven or burnt toast.
- The exterior sides can get too hot.
#4. KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster with High Lift Lever, Contour Silver
You have total control over your toasts with this toaster’s 7 shade setting. Its four slots are large enough toast large bread and bagels. Different presetting modes such as preset bagel, defrost, reheat and keep warm will help your cooking becoming easier. With this machine, your toasts are raised up due to its elevated lift lever. It is simple, easy, and it works.
- Four long slots with the width of 1 ½ inches that fits any large bread and bagel.
- A 7-shade setting for perfect toast control is extremely suitable for busyman.
- It has a preset which you can select bagel, defrost, reheat, and keep warm.
- Its high lift lever was designed for easy pick-up of even small bread.
- It has a removable crumb tray and under base cord storage for easy cleaning.
- There are few issues of uneven, burnt, and undercooked toasts.
#5. Oster TSSTTR6330-NP 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster, Stainless Steel
This toaster is great for everyday use. It has two extra long slots where you can put two large pieces of bread or bagel or four regular sized slices. It has seven toast shade settings for the perfect toast anytime. It has a bread guides that allows even browning and toasting. For easy cleaning, it has a removable crumb tray. For safety, it has an auto shut off feature when there is a jam.
- Two extra wide slots for two large bread or four regular sized ones help you can make dishes for many people at the same time.
- Bread thickness can be fit up the dual auto-adjusting bread.
- Seven toast shade settings from light to dark are suitable for nuclear family.
- An anti-jam feature automatically shuts off the toaster.
- It has a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning.
- There is nothing to dislike about this product.
I must say my favourite toaster is Breville BTA830XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster. Despite its high price tag, it has adequate size and slots for toasting, and the necessary features that make it work efficiently. I found that it is also easy to clean and store. Just the right elements to make a long slot toaster the best.