Simply Healthy Family may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Your quest for culinary excellence doesn’t end with getting a high-quality set of knives or silverware. For you to be able to experience the benefits of posh cutlery for a long time, you should also know how to take care of it. One thing that should never be overlooked is the means of storing your knives and silverware. With a wide array of the best cutlery trays available today, you can surely have the one that fits your storage needs.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Benefits Of Having A Cutlery Tray
While putting all your kitchen tools in one drawer can do, there are a lot of advantages of using a cutlery tray. This is a kitchen necessity that everyone should have due to the following reasons.
How often do we spend time rummaging through our stuff just to look for a specific item? With a cutlery tray, you can organize everything so that it will be easy to find what you are looking for. Knowing where the sushi knife and the paring knife is can save you from frustration and save yourself some time to do more important stuff.
Although we put the items in the dishwasher before storing them, there is still some residue that remains on the cutlery. If you put knives and spoons together at the same drawers, chances are some of the bacteria that retained in the knives gets on the silverware. Putting them in separate compartments ensures that what goes into raw meat doesn’t go into our mouths.
No matter how expensive your cutlery set is, if it is not organized or just placed into some unarranged drawer, it does not look good. Aside from the aesthetic value that an organized drawer provides, a cutlery tray itself adds beauty to the kitchen, whether it is in or out of the drawer.
Preserves Your Cutlery
If you do not have a knife block, a cutlery tray can do the job as well. Organizing your knives prevent any unnecessary interaction with other items that may cause damage or corrosion.
Factors To Consider In Choosing Cutlery Trays
Depending on what you want to achieve, you need to look on some things before you get some trays. This is to ensure that the tray will serve the purpose that you intend it to do.
Metal trays often come in a mesh design. This is to ensure that any moisture left in the cutlery drips down instead of accumulating in the tray and cause rust and corrosion. If you are gearing towards sanitation, this is the way to go.
Wooden trays provide the most aesthetic value. It provides a classic look and adds beauty to any kitchen counter. If you want to show off your silverware, this is the tray for you. However, proper care is required. Make sure that everything is devoid of moisture before being placed in the tray.
Plastic trays are the most popular kind. They combine beauty and functionality. High-quality plastic trays don’t react to moisture, doesn’t harbor bacteria, and lasts long without getting deformed or discolored. However, make sure that the plastic used is food grade and BPA-free.
You have to know the size of your drawer if you are planning to put it inside or your counter if you are going to put it on display. You also have to know the size of your cutlery. A mismatch in size can render your tray useless, especially if it is too small for your drawer or silverware.
Number Of Compartments
You should have an idea in mind on how many slots you might need. Good thing there are trays which have expandable slots aside from the existing slots that it have. Of course, if you don’t have a need for too many slots, being a minimalist won’t hurt.
Ease Of Cleaning
You need to clean the tray every once in a while especially this is where you put the kitchenware directly involved with the food you eat. The best thing would be a tray that is dishwasher safe so that you wouldn’t have to spend time cleaning.
The Best Cutlery Trays Available Today
Let’s take a look at my list of the best cutlery trays available today.
- #1. Totally Bamboo Large Expandable Cutlery Tray & Drawer Organizer, 8 Compartments, 2 with Adjustable Dimensions, Beautiful and Durable Bamboo
- #2. Bamboo Cutlery tray-Silverware Organizer-5 compartment-by Utopia Kitchen
- #3. Rubbermaid No-Slip Silverware Tray Organizer, Large, Black with Grey
- #4. Madesmart Large Silverware Tray, Granite
- #5. Dial Cutlery Tray - Single (White) (1 1/2"H x 12"L x 7"W) (1, A)
#1. Totally Bamboo Large Expandable Cutlery Tray & Drawer Organizer, 8 Compartments, 2 with Adjustable Dimensions, Beautiful and Durable Bamboo
By itself, it is a very beautiful piece of kitchen furniture. Imagine how beautiful your silverware would like in this. The good thing about it is that this tray is made without the use of any chemicals or cutting any forestation.
The trays are made of renewable Moso bamboo which grown without the use of artificial fertilizers and designed without the use of any paint. This tray is 100% organic, yet very durable.
- The tray is made with pure organic bamboo without hurting the environment.
- It has natural colors without the use of any toxic paint or varnish.
- The 8 individual compartments of which two are adjustable are enough to put multiple cutlery and silverware in.
- It is very easy to clean, just wipe with a damp cloth.
- A 100% satisfaction replacement warranty makes this a risk-free purchase.
- It cannot be exposed to water or moisture since it might incur wood rot.
- The bottom part is thin and bows to the weight of the silverware.
- The parts are not nailed together and can easily become loose.
#2. Bamboo Cutlery tray-Silverware Organizer-5 compartment-by Utopia Kitchen
If you want to have a touch of class or an oriental feel to your kitchen, then this is the tray for you. It is made with bamboo which is a very renewable source that doesn’t hurt the environment. You can use it in any part of the house and still look good.
- This tray is made of 100% renewable bamboo which is durable and beautiful.
- It has five spacious compartments to accommodate your items.
- It is nice to look at whether in the drawer or on a countertop.
- It is FDA and FSC approved to be food grade and food safe.
- It can easily be wiped clean or washed mildly with soap and water.
- The dividers are not nailed so it can easily be detached and removed.
- Minimize exposure to moisture as it can cause wood rot and harbor bacteria.
#3. Rubbermaid No-Slip Silverware Tray Organizer, Large, Black with Grey
This tray is both functional and beautiful at the same time. The black color provides a high-quality appeal that will look good even on the most sophisticated countertop. It has seven slots of which two are expandable to accommodate all of your flatware and silverware. The premium plastic structure is durable and is dishwasher safe. Its non-slip base keeps it in place even if the drawer opens and closes.
- The tray is made with high-quality plastic that doesn’t warp easily, durable, and dishwasher safe.
- It has seven compartments of which two is expandable to adjust to drawer space.
- The non-slip base keeps the tray intact despite movements from the drawer.
- The black color looks good and provides elegance whether in the drawer or countertop.
- Be sure to take measurements as this tray somehow exceeds the measurement of the standard drawer size. Make sure that it fits before you buy.
- The compartments are narrow and do not hold a lot of utensils.
#4. Madesmart Large Silverware Tray, Granite
This tray is the way to go if you want a nice tray to show off your silverware but doesn’t want to use wood. This tray is made of a high-quality plastic material with a granite theme that truly exudes style and elegance. It is perfect fit whether you have a classical or contemporary kitchen. Not to mention that it serves its purpose pretty well to with its well-spaced compartments. This tray focuses on providing aesthetic value without compromising performance.
- This tray is made of high-quality plastic with a granite theme that make it both durable and beautiful.
- Its rounded corners and interior overmold does not only add to the aesthetics of the tray but also adds functionality as it keeps items in place.
- Non-slip rubber feet keeps the tray in place no matter what happens.
- It has six spacious compartments to keep all your silverware intact.
- This tray might be large for some drawers so make sure to take measurements before ordering.
#5. Dial Cutlery Tray - Single (White) (1 1/2"H x 12"L x 7"W) (1, A)
The approach of this cutlery tray is functionality. If you want a tray that you could use, this is the one. It has a mesh structure so you can put your cutlery in even if still wet since it would not accumulate water. You can put it in your kitchen drawer, the toilet, or anywhere you need organizing from. Its white color makes it look good on any surface.
- It is made with high-quality plastic that is durable and easy to clean.
- Its wire mesh design provides superior ventilation making it best for dripping cutlery after washing.
- The simple 4-compartment design is great for silverware and other serving utensils.
- This is not a tray for showing off cutlery and silverware.
- The compartments may not be enough of you have a large collection of flatware to organize.
The best cutlery tray for me is the Madesmart Large Silverware Tray, Granite. Its focus on aesthetics without compromising functionality gives it an edge. I like how the interior overmold keeps the utensils in place and also makes the tray look good. This is something that I can use to display my silverware with.