Simply Healthy Family may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
You don’t need to regularly drop by Starbucks to enjoy your favorite cup of coffee. With the best automatic pour over coffee maker, you can sip a cup of expertly brewed coffee anytime, anywhere. An auto pour over coffee maker is an absolute must-have for any coffee lover. It heats the water to the ideal brewing temperature. It also utilizes a broad dip pattern that allows the coffee grounds to absorb some of the water and release the oils that enhance the taste of coffee. The brewed beverage is then released to a carafe below. With an auto pour over coffee maker, it’s difficult to make a bad tasting cup of coffee.
What To Look For A Coffee Maker
- It brews water at the ideal temperature. Make sure that the coffee maker brews water at a temperature range of 195 degrees and 205 degrees Fahrenheit. Boiling water (212 degrees Fahrenheit) should never be used because it will burn the coffee. Water that is less than the indicated range won’t also be able to extract the coffee properly.
- A good coffee maker has programmable settings. With an auto pour over coffee maker that has programmable settings, you can set the unit to start brewing so that you would wake up with freshly-brewed coffee waiting for you to consume.There are also features like an audible alert that will help you know that the coffee has already been brown and an auto-off function that can help save energy.
- Of course, it should brew coffee in the quickest time possible. This is particularly important if you are always on the go. Most pour-over coffee makers can take 3 to 5 minutes to brew coffee and another 3 to 5 minutes for preparing it. So you’re looking at a maximum of 10 minutes for brewing coffee with an auto pour over coffee maker.
- It should also be easy to clean. Just like in shopping for other kitchen appliances like a food dehydrator and a potato masher, I would recommend that you get a coffee maker that’s easy to clean. It would be great if the parts like the carafe lid, shower head, and filter basket are dishwasher safe.
- The unit must also be user-friendly. Coffee makers should be easy to use even for those who haven’t used one before. A unit with a single button is ideal because it won’t confuse you at all.
- It should be quiet when in operationThis is very important if you live in small apartments or flats and you don’t want to bother your neighbors.
- Finally, get to know the size of the pour over coffee maker. I’ll tell you something– coffee makers aren’t as big as ovens thus you can be sure that most models would fit your countertop. Still, it pays to know the dimensions of the unit you are interested in before buying it.
>>Looking for a great coffee maker at home? See here for the best 4 cups coffee maker review<<
Top 5 Auto Pour Over Coffee Makers Available On The Market Today
I will be listing down five automatic coffee makers that you might want to choose from. I’ll discuss briefly the models, their pros & cons, and at the end of this article, reveal which of these coffee makers is the best in the field.
|RANK||PRODUCT NAME||PRODUCT IMAGE||
|#1||OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker|
|#2||Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer|
|#3||Moccamaster KBT Coffee Brewer|
|#4||Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Original Coffee Brewer|
|#5||Keurig K15 Single Serve Compact K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker|
#1 OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker
OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker
This is a coffee maker that has been getting a lot of positive reviews for its sturdy construction, ease of use and low noise level. It is a compact coffee maker measuring 14 inches long, about 7 inches wide and 15.24 inches tall. The single dial lets you set the number of cups and activate the timer, and makes the unit easy to operate. While the unit has some parts made of plastic, it looks and feels durable.
The coffee maker heats water quickly and holds it at the ideal temperature range of 197.6 to 204.8 degrees Fahrenheit. The rainmaker shower head, on the other hand, evenly disperses water over the coffee grounds for full flavor extraction.
- Heats water quickly
- Single dial makes the unit very user-friendly
- Unit is very durable
- It pours coffee very clearly
- Water tank tends to get smelly after a few weeks
- The water tank emits a chemical smell especially when first used
#2 Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer
Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer
Like most of the models reviewed in this list, this coffee brewer maintains an ideal brewing temperature range of 195 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
It has a very Spartan design that it only has one button, which serves as the on/off switch. Despite this, you will find that this unit is very user-friendly because one, you won’t get confused operating this coffee maker.
It measures 11 inches high, 6.75 inches deep and 10 inches wide. You’ll likely find a space in your countertop with the compact footprint of this coffeemaker.
As I’ve mentioned, this coffee brewer has a very Spartan design, so you won’t see any bubbling liquid while it is brewing coffee. However, you can expect the water to drain from the unit fast which is what most people want from their coffee makers.
- Compact and space-saving
- It is easy to operate with a single button operation
- It boils water at the ideal temperature
- It drains water fast
- The design won’t make heads turn
- Lack of spout in the carafe can result to spills
#3 Moccamaster KBT Coffee Brewer
Moccamaster KBT Coffee Brewer
You can rely on this 10-cup coffee brewer to make some truly excellent coffee. While it isn’t exactly the most affordable coffee maker out there, you won’t regret spending on this machine because it can make coffee quickly. The quality of the brew is also very great.
With its 10 cup capacity, this could be your ideal office work coffee pot. It has a flat and rectangular base with the water tank on top of a tall tower.
One thing you’ll love about this coffee maker is its ease of use. You will love the carafe of the unit with an odd-shaped metal funnel that lets you pour coffee in any direction or angle.
There’s also a white button which is depressed when you slide the carafe into the station. You’ll need to flip the on/off switch to start operating the unit. The former also acts as a safety feature which prevents scalding fluid from flowing from the machine.
- Large 10 cup capacity that makes it ideal for use in the office
- It is easy to use
- The metal funnel of the unit makes pouring coffee a breeze
- It can brew coffee in less than six minutes
- The carafe is of poor quality
- The white safety button is clunky
#4 Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Original Coffee Brewer
Bonavita BV1800SS 8-Cup Original Coffee Brewer
It’s not as compact as the other coffee makers in this list, but it should still find a space in most countertops. It stands 12 inches tall, 7 inches deep and 12 inches wide. It fits under most kitchen cupboards.
This eight-cup coffee maker maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit. It is simple to operate as it features just one button. The unit, particularly the stainless carafe, is also easy to clean.
It also brews coffee fast. It can fill eight cups of coffee in less than five minutes. Thus you won’t be waiting too long for your coffee. The coffee brewed is also great tasting, thanks to a more even extraction that can be credited to the cross-shaped pattern of the water holes.
- Compact and space-saving
- It is a very easy to operate coffee maker with just one button
- It is easy to clean
- It can brew coffee very quickly
- No timer, no programmable settings
- Only small cups will fit under the brewer
#5 Keurig K15 Single Serve Compact K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
Keurig K15 Single Serve Compact K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
As you can deduce from the name of the coffee maker, this one is designed for a single individual. It is the most basic model in Keurig’s line of automatic pour over coffee makers. It can let you enjoy coffee with cup sizes available in 6, 8 and 10 ounces.
Like most of the coffee makers on this list, it is very easy to operate. Simply add water to the tank and pop-in the K-cup. Press the brew button. Wait for 2 minutes for the coffee maker to pour the beverage.
You’ll like that it is energy efficient as it automatically turns off after 90 seconds of inactivity.
Don’t expect too many functions from this coffee maker as it is a no-frills machine. There’s no brew control and programmable timer.
- It is simple and easy to operate
- No cleanup needed aside from removing the used cup
- It is ideal for the use of individuals
- It can quickly brew coffee
- Not enough room for most mugs; travel mugs won’t fit under the drip
- Not a lot of features
Make no mistake about it— these are all highly recommended pour over coffee makers. But if I were to pick just one model, I would go with the OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker. It is easy to operate, sturdy and most importantly, it delivers great tasting brewed coffee in a short time.
How about you? What’s your choice in this list? Let me hear your thoughts by writing in the comments section below.