Do you feel sluggish most of the time? Do you wish to slim down? Or you simply want to cope with daily stress? Then you should start to detoxify. One way to do so is to prepare a detox tea.
Preparing your own DIY detox tea has several benefits. Aside from being able to get rid of toxins that come from processed foods, you can also be assured that you will be drinking only natural ingredients.
1. Lemon, Ginger, and Basil Iced Tea
This is a very refreshing iced tea that you can prepare at home. This recipe can make up to nine servings.
You’ll need the following:
- 5 ginger coins
- 2 lemons
- ½ cup of basil leaves
- 9 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of honey
You’ll also need a pitcher.
Follow these steps:
- Boil the 9 cups of water even as you prepare the other ingredients.
- Slice the two lemons in half then juice them in a pitcher. Add the ginger coins and basil leaves.
- Pour the boiling water into the pitcher. Add honey and stir thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture to steep before removing the basil leaves, lemon halves, and ginger coins.
- Add ice before serving.
2. Iced Green tea
Who doesn’t like drinking iced green tea? It’s a very refreshing drink, right? But this one won’t just satisfy your thirst on a hot summer day. It will also help eliminate toxins that could be causing you health problems.
This drink is so easy to prepare you should be done with this in five minutes. It yields one cup which is good enough for 1 serving.
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 slice of lemon
- 2 slices of strawberries
- 2 slices of cucumber
- 1 cup of boiled water
Follow these steps to prepare this drink:
- Brew the green tea bag in the cup of boiled water to make green tea.
- Chill the green tea in the fridge for 5 minutes. Then add lemon, cucumber, strawberries, and honey.
- Stir and add ice.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar tea
Apple cider vinegar is one of the more powerful health tonics known to man. Aside from helping eliminate toxins in the body, it can improve diabetes symptoms, lower blood sugar, and hasten weight loss.
You’ll need the following ingredients for this ACV detox tea:
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
You can prepare this detox tea by following these steps:
- Boil the water and let it cool a bit before you add the other ingredients.
- Mix in the apple cider vinegar and honey, then stir thoroughly.
- Add a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add ice, if desired.
This ACV detox tea should be good enough for 1-2 servings. I recommend that you drink this tea before meals.
4. Ginger Turmeric Tea
This detox tea is full of ingredients packed with health benefits. Ginger can help reduce muscle pain and soreness, while treating different forms of nausea. Turmeric root, meanwhile, has lots of antioxidants.
Sure, this recipe doesn’t have the shortest list of ingredients. It isn’t also the easiest tea to make. But I assure you that it is one of the best detox teas that you can prepare at home.
- 4 lemons
- 1 knob of ginger
- 1 piece of turmeric root
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 3 drops of vanilla
- 2 quarts of water
You will also need a juicer and a pitcher to make this tea.
Follow these steps to prepare ginger turmeric detox tea:
- Juice the ginger knob, turmeric root and three of the four lemons together.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher. Add two quarts of water, then the vanilla and cayenne pepper.
- Slice up the last lemon thinly. Add this to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients together. Leave it for 5-10 minutes before serving.
I recommend that you add ice to the drink before serving. When stored in the fridge, this should last for 4-5 days.
5. Lemon Basil tea
This is a homemade tea that you can drink instead of coffee every morning. This can help you keep regular while the potassium in lemon and basil can restore normal fluid balance. This tea is also packed in antioxidants.
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2-3 basil leaves
- 2 pieces of lemon rind
- Wash the basil leaves then add it to a cup of hot water.
- Add the lemon rind.
- Let the brew sit for a few minutes before drinking.
This tea should be ready for you to drink in 5 minutes. It can make 1-2 servings.
Making a detox tea is so easy you don’t really need to buy one online or in health supplement stores. So why don’t you start trying any of these easy detox tea recipes?