We all know that having a single knife is not enough for all your kitchen needs. In order to be successful in your culinary goals, you have to have a trusty knife set that can help you meet all slicing and dicing requirements. But we all know how expensive a quality chef knife or sushi knife is, and having just either one won’t do. We have to look for the best knife sets under $200 to meet our kitchen goals.
The challenge here is to look for a knife set that can meet the quality required to run your kitchen properly and at the same time be affordable enough to be bought. Don’t worry, it is not as hard as you think. All you have to do is consider the following factors.
What to look for in choosing an affordable knife set
Although quality and price often come hand in hand, there are means for you to get a knife set that is efficient and effective and yet not that expensive.
The knives on the set
The set should include everything that you need in your slicing duties. It should include the following knives.
The handle is an important feature if the knife set since it has a big role in the accuracy of your slices and your safety in using the knife as well.
The best knife sets under $200 Available on the market today
Enough with the pointers. We have a list for you to look at anyway. Let’s check out the best knife sets under $200 up-close and in detail.
- #1. Stone boomer Super Sharp! 14 Pc Stainless Steel Kitchen Cutlery Knife Block Set
- #2. Chicago Cutlery 1119644 Fusion Forged 18-Piece Knife Block Set, Stainless Steel
- #3. Cuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set, C77SS-15PK
- #4. Lucentee Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set – BONUS Sharpener - 6 Knives - Chef, Bread, Carving, Paring, Utility and Santoku Knife - Cutlery Sets - Multicolor
- #5. J.A. Henckels International Statement 15 Piece Knife Set with Block
#1. Stone boomer Super Sharp! 14 Pc Stainless Steel Kitchen Cutlery Knife Block Set
This set includes an 8" chef knife, an 8" bread knife, an 8" carving knife, a 5" utility knife, a 3½" paring knife, six 4½" steak knives, and an 8" kitchen scissors. The impressive thing about this set is its stainless steel one piece design. You can be sure that the blade will never come off no matter how hard you use it.
The blades are made of high-grade stainless steel that will never rust or corrode, thus eliminating the risk of transferring it to the food you chop. The handles are tapered to help you have that perfect and comfortable grip every time you slice.
- The blades are made of restaurant grade #340 heavy-duty stainless steel. It is FDA, LFGB, and SGS approved for home and commercial use. You don’t have to worry about rust and corrosion.
- The one piece design ensures that the blade won’t come off the handle. The handles are tapered for an easier and steadier grip.
- The set includes a sharpening steel and an acrylic block for added convenience.
- The knives should be washed and dried meticulously otherwise there is a tendency of rust build-up.
- The knives are not dishwasher safe.
#2. Chicago Cutlery 1119644 Fusion Forged 18-Piece Knife Block Set, Stainless Steel
This is a very beautiful set that can match any kitchen countertop. I love the pine wood block that has an elegant design. The knives are also designed with class with its combination of black polypropylene and stainless steel handles.
The structure of the knife set is also above par. The blades are made with high-carbon stainless steel blades that are very sharp and durable. The handles are built to provide a steady yet soft grip for a more accurate slicing.
The set is covered with a full lifetime warranty that makes it a risk-free, value-added investment.
- The knives are made with high-carbon stainless steel blades. It has a high resistance to rust, stains, and pitting.
- The handles are made with polypropylene. It is very durable and provides a soft yet sturdy grip.
- The knives are infused with the Taper Grind Edge Technology that makes them ultra sharp and easy to sharpen.
- It comes with a beautifully designed pine wood block that adds aesthetic value to your kitchen.
- With improper use, the knives have a tendency to snap into two through the middle. Make sure to use the knives with just enough force and with care.
- The knives are not dishwasher safe.
#3. Cuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set, C77SS-15PK
You can never go wrong with a Cuisinart set. This particular piece is a prime example of the quality Cuisinart provides to its customers.
The set is made of high-quality carbon stainless steel that provides durability and sharpness that lasts. It sits on a uniquely designed block that enhances the beauty of any kitchen counter. The set is made with the customers in mind as evident in the way the handles are made for optimum comfort and stability.
- The set is made with high carbon stainless steel which is durable, very sharp, and retains its sharpness for a long time.
- The design includes a bolster that allows the users to use the entire edge of the blade safely and enhances the stability of the grip.
- The stainless steel handles are ergonomically designed for a more secure and comfortable grip.
- It comes with a pair of all-purpose household shears, a sharpening steel, and a uniquely designed block to hold the knives.
- It comes with a full lifetime warranty for a risk-free investment.
- The challenge with this knife set taking care of it. Since it is carbon steel, it accumulates rust easily unless well-taken care for.
#4. Lucentee Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set – BONUS Sharpener - 6 Knives - Chef, Bread, Carving, Paring, Utility and Santoku Knife - Cutlery Sets - Multicolor
I would like to think that the company is making its products appealing to a younger demographic. The vibrantly colorful knife set connotes fun and enjoyment in the kitchen. But its performance is to be taken seriously.
It is made with the sturdy 3CR13 stainless steel which is durable and sharp. The handles are designed ergonomically to provide the safest and most comfortable grip. The colors are not just for fun, it is actually a code for each of the knife for better recognition and retention.
- The knife set is color coded for easier recognition.
- The blade is made with 3CR13 stainless steel metal that is very durable and sharp.
- The handles are made with polypropylene which is durable and light.
- The handles are ergonomically designed to have a safe, comfortable, and steady grip.
- It includes a 2-stage manual sharpener for a more in-depth sharpening experience.
- The blades are not ultra sharp right out of the factory. You should sharpen it initially if you are not satisfied with its sharpness right out of the box.
- The blades are somehow flimsy and thin. Be careful in using it with hard cutting tasks.
#5. J.A. Henckels International Statement 15 Piece Knife Set with Block
All I can say is that this set means business. No gimmicks, just pure cutting prowess. The blades are made of high-quality stainless steel that is highly rust-proof and stain resistant. The design of the knives is primarily for function with its full-tang make and triple riveted handles. But it didn’t leave out making a statement on the design as well. The black color on the handles is accented with silver making it look elegant and sophisticated.
- The blades are made with high-quality stainless steel blades which are rust and stain resistant.
- The handles are made with polypropylene which is very durable and lightweight.
- The knives have a full tang built for perfect balance, triple-riveted to ensure that the blade will not fall off the handle, and is ergonomically designed for a safe and comfortable grip.
- The set includes a pair of shears, a sharpening steel, and a beautiful hardwood block.
- The edges are not that sharp out of the factory. It needs an initial sharpening of you are not satisfied with how sharp it is prior.
- The set is not dishwasher safe.
The best knife set under $200 for me is the Cuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set, C77SS-15PK with the Chicago cutlery set at close second. It is made by a very reliable brand and it doesn’t disappoint. It is a complete set, very sharp, very durable, easy to use, and beautiful. It has everything you need out of a knife set.