Replacing your traditional coil element top stove with a glass top type is a significant upgrade for your kitchen. It saves you a lot of counter space, has better heating control, quick to heat up and cool down, and it eliminates the need for burner pans that are so hard to clean and maintain. The best part of owning a glass top stove is that it gives your kitchen a makeover. It makes the kitchen look modern and streamlined.
However, enjoying the full benefits of your new stove requires you to make changes on how you cook. It starts with using the best cookware for glass stoves. Using your old pots and pans to cook food with your new stove will not work anymore. It may even do you more harm than good by damaging your new glass top stove.
The best way to go is to use the best cookware for glass top stoves. Using the specified cookware not only will let you cook efficiently, but it will maximize the capability of your stove and lengthen its service life. But how will you know what the best cookware for glass stove is?
Looking for the best cookware for glass top stoves
The primary thing to check is the make, or the material used to build the cookware. It should be compatible to your stove and won’t cause it to get broken or damaged.
Titanium cookware is one of the best to use for your glass top stove. It doesn’t warp and deform, and it is very sturdy. Despite its sturdy features, it is lightweight. Not to mention that it is scratch proof. Titanium heats up quickly, you can cook any food with it without the risk of contamination because it is non-porous and non-reactive to alkaline and acid, and it is even hypoallergenic. The only thing that will prevent you from getting titanium cookware is its price. The name titanium itself sounds expensive.
Aluminum cookware is also a preference due to its being strong and lightweight. It is also way cheaper than titanium, even cheaper than other types of cookware. But be sure to get the anodized type of aluminum. The anodized aluminum has been treated with chemicals to strengthen it and prevents it from corroding. It also gives the aluminum a nonstick coating. Once anodized, aluminum becomes the best option for your cookware material. On the other hand, aluminum that is not anodized reacts to acid and alkaline in food that is cooked, it corrodes and mixes with the food. Aluminum is unsafe for human consumption.
Copper is also a great material to use on a glass top stove since copper is a material that makes even heat distribution ensuring that food is thoroughly cooked. It heats up pretty fast and cools down easily too. The only thing to consider is to make sure that the copper is lined, it could be with tin, silver, or steel. Pure copper reacts to almost anything, even moisture, and leaves a toxic chemical residue. Prolonged exposure to hot foods with high sodium content also causes copper to make food have this metallic taste.
The most commonly used and the best option for glass top stoves is stainless steel. It is a sturdy metal that doesn’t react to any food cooked in it. It is also easy to clean and shine and tends to maintain its shape for a long time. But the factor that makes it popular is its affordable price.
Size and form
This is where gas stoves and flat glass stoves differ the most, the relevance of the size and form of the cookware. The size is relevant for glass top stoves since the only area glass top stoves can only cook is within its circles. So anything that gets out of that circle doesn’t have any direct heat and won’t cook properly. Make sure to select cookware that is just enough to fit in the circles or at least just an inch more. The form is relevant since it is important to select cookware that has a flat smooth surface. It is important because only the part that touches the circle directly gets cooked. If there are any dents, warped, or curved area that don’t touch the stove directly, that part of the cookware won’t get cooked properly.
Select the cookware that is heavy enough to induce direct contact with the stove to ensure proper cooking, but not too heavy to put pressure on the glass. Remember that the stove is glass and can break due to pressure. Also, heavy cookware will take a toll on your safety as you are at risk of getting an accident when you lift up things that are uncomfortably heavy, especially hot and boiling things. Make sure to get the cookware with just enough weight to maximize the cooking capacity of the glass stove but does not cause unnecessary pressure on it.
Versatility and added features
It is best to get the cookware that is versatile and not just capable of limited functions. You can check if the cookware you prefer to cook with your glass top stove is also able to cook well with gas or induction heat stoves. The more stove tops a cookware set is compatible with, the better. It is even better if the cookware is oven safe, so you can also use it for some baking. As for added features, you might want to consider getting the ones with the non-stick feature, stay cool handles, break resistant tempered glass lids or the ones that come with a warranty for no extra charge. At the end of the day, anyone wants to feel like they got value added to their purchases.
Best Cookware for Glass Top Stoves Available Today
Here in detail are the best cookware for glass top stoves available today.
- #1. T-fal E765SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Cookware
- #2. Circulon Infinite Hard Anodized Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
- #3. Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
- #4. Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 10-piece, Grey
- #5. Anolon Advanced Bronze Collection Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Gift Set, 3-Piece
#1. T-fal E765SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Cookware
The main feature of this cookware is the Thermo-Spot heat indicator that tells you if it is preheated already and ready for cooking. There is a spot in the center that turns red to signify that it is ready to cook. It is made of anodized aluminum with a non-stick coating to ensure durability and even heating. It is PFOA free, so you can enjoy your favorite meals, for example baked chicken with gruyere cheese on top served on the pan, without fear of ingesting harmful chemicals.
- It is made of hard-anodized aluminum for durability and even cooking
- It is equipped with the Thermo-Spot heat indicator, letting you know that it is ready to cook.
- It is PFOA, cadmium, and lead-free, completely safe and healthy, and good for the environment.
- It is oven safe, safe to use on any cooktop except induction, and is dishwasher safe.
- Its non-stick cooking surface is scratch-proof, letting you use metal utensils while cooking.
- Its copper lining tends to peel off over periods of use.
- It cannot be used with induction heat stoves.
#2. Circulon Infinite Hard Anodized Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
The main feature of this cookware is its Total Food Release System, 3 layers of nonstick coating to ensure that food is cooked with optimum heat distribution and allows the use of metal utensils without the risk of damage. It is built on hard anodized aluminum and a stainless steel base, making it durable and compatible with any type of stove top, even induction heat. It is oven safe, dishwasher safe, and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Hard anodized aluminum body with a stainless steel base makes it durable and safe to use for all stove tops.
- Its non-stick coating is scratch proof and can withstand the impact of metal utensils.
- It is oven safe for up to 500°F.
- It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty.
- The lids tend to get hot when it shouldn’t be.
#3. Farberware Millennium Stainless Steel Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
The stainless steel body and aluminum base is what makes this cookware very nice to look at. But it is more than just looks. This engineering also induces even heat distribution so that food is cooked equally. It has a high-quality nonstick coating that can withstand the use of metal utensils. It is oven safe for up to 500°F and can be used for any stove top effectively.
- Stainless steel built with aluminum base allows even heat distribution.
- It has a high-quality non-stick coating that is scratch proof and can be used with metal utensils.
- The lids are made of clear glass, allowing you to watch your food without opening the lids and letting out moisture.
- It is safe for all stove tops.
- It is oven safe for up to 500°F and dishwasher safe for easier cleanup.
- It is oven safe for up to 500°F and dishwasher safe for easier cleanup.
#4. Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 10-piece, Grey
Bearing the Calphalon trademark, this cookware lives up to the brand’s high-quality tradition. Its heavy gauge, hard anodized aluminum frame not only makes it durable but also allows even heat distribution and balanced cooking. Its PFOA-free, nonstick surface can withstand the use of metal utensils and is safe for the family. It has stay-cool handles and clear glass lids, making it easier to cook and monitor your cooking.
You can use it directly for baking as it is oven safe for up to 500°F. It is versatile enough to use on most stove tops such as gas, electric, electric ring, and halogen stoves. The best part is that it carries a full lifetime warranty, making it a totally risk-free purchase.
- Its heavy gauge, hard anodized aluminum built is made to last and creates even heat distribution for balanced cooking.
- Its PFOA-free, nonstick coating is safe for the family and at the same time durable enough to withstand the use of metal utensils.
- It has clear tempered glass lids and stay-cool handles for easier cooking.
- It is oven safe for up to 500°F and is safe to use for most stove types.
- It has a full lifetime warranty.
- It costs more than its competitors, but its worth it considering the features of this product.
#5. Anolon Advanced Bronze Collection Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Gift Set, 3-Piece
This cookware is a combination of beauty and functionality. Its hard anodized aluminum body, which makes durable and creates even heat distribution, is coupled with the classy silicone handles and break-resistant tempered glass for an elegant finish. It has a nonstick coating for easy release and cleaning.
- It has a hard anodized aluminum body that makes it durable and creates even heat distribution.
- Its SureGrip silicone handle enhances the design and provides better grip and control.
- Its break-resistant tempered glass allows you to monitor food without releasing moisture and flavor.
- it has a limited lifetime warranty.
- The silicone handle and lid tends to get hot when it should not.
The obvious winner here is the Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 10-piece. Its lifetime warranty is already a steal, and it gets better with its versatility and durability, being compatible with most stove types and being oven safe. Despite its high price tag, each one of the pieces in this collection is worth every penny.