To beat the summer heat, I tend to resort to drinking fruit shakes and blended fruit drinks rather than consume soda and other artificially flavored drink. Instead of going to the store to buy drinks all the time, I buy a lot of fruits and store it in my freezer. I hate it when I have to thaw the fruit before I can put in in the blender. This started my quest for the best blender for frozen fruits to help me out.
Studies show that frozen fruits have higher nutritional value compared to the fresh ones. The reason is that frozen fruits are harvested when they are fully ripe and developed. It is also the same time where the level of nutrient it packs is at its peak. The freezing procedure locks in the nutrients in the fruit, so it won’t get lost before consumption.
Fresh fruits are often harvested early, so it will have a longer shelf life. The end results are shelf-ripe produce that doesn’t have the same nutritional content as ones that are harvested when fully ripe
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
The Need For A Blender For Frozen Fruit
A personal blender might not be able to do the job properly or withstand the impact of ice and frozen fruit. We need to have a blender that can cut through ice and frozen fruits due to the following reasons.
It saves you trips to the store
When you opt to only use fresh fruits on your fruit shakes, chances are you have to run to the store and buy fruits every time you make shakes. Otherwise, you should plant a fruit garden so you can have fresh fruits all the time.
Having a blender that can cut through frozen fruit means that you can store fruits in your freezer and just use it whenever you need it, thus reducing your trips to the store.
It makes eating fruits easier and enjoyable
Sometimes, meeting your nutritional requirements through eating fruits can be a chore, especially to children. One way of making sure that they would eat their fill of fruits is if you make smoothies and blends out of it.
Having a blender that can cut through frozen fruit means that your kids can have as much fruit as they want. It is a very healthy alternative to artificial juices and soda.
It saves time
Having to thaw your fruits before putting it in the blender is a waste of time. If you have a blender that can blend frozen fruit, all you have to do is take it from the freezer and blend it directly. This is useful when you are making cold fruit treats during summer. You don’t have to thaw the fruit, make the treat, and put it back again in the freezer.
Choosing The Best Blender For Frozen Fruit
Of course, if you are to get a blender, you might as well get the best one that can do more than just make protein shakes. Here are some things to consider in choosing the perfect blender.
If you have to crush frozen fruits and ice, you need to have a powerful motor. A motor that has a minimum of 400-watts is enough to crush ice and frozen fruits. The higher the power, the better.
The overall efficiency of the blade doesn’t totally rely on its sharpness. The design of the blade and the position of the blade is also major factors. You also have to consider if the blades can run in reverse to ensure that fruits and ice are blended thoroughly.
Durability Of Parts
You have to vouch for the durability of the parts especially the jar and the gears of the motor. The blender would have to deal with frozen food that is hard and always have the tendency to hit the container with high force. Make sure that the container wouldn’t break easily.
In regards to the gears, it should be able to hold its own against the powerful thrust of the motor and the hard components being blended. The strength of the motor and the sharpness of the blade would be useless if the gears are of poor quality.
The capacity depends on the number of people you are making blended drinks for. But it will always be the bigger, the better, even though you don’t often make high quantities of fruit shakes per batch.
Ease of Cleaning
The blender should have easy to remove parts that are dishwasher safe. There are some blenders that have self-cleaning options for an easier and hassle-free cleaning.
The best blender for frozen fruit
Here is the list of the best blender for frozen fruit for you to choose from. Every blender has a detailed review for you to check and see.
- #1.Oster BLSTPB-WBL My Blend 250-Watt Blender with Travel Sport Bottle, Light Powder Blue
- #2.Ninja Master Prep (QB900B)
- #3.Ninja Professional Blender & Nutri Ninja Cups (BL660)
- #4.Hamilton Beach Personal Single Serve Blender with Travel Lid, Black (51103)
- #5.Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Multi-Function Blender with 14 Speeds & 40 oz. Glass Jar, Silver (54221)
#1. Oster BLSTPB-WBL My Blend 250-Watt Blender with Travel Sport Bottle, Light Powder Blue
The good thing about this blender is that it has the portability of a personal blender, yet have the power to crush ice and frozen fruit. I love the sporty design and the bottle that can be directly attached and remove from the motor and carry anywhere.
- It has a very portable design which is perfect for people on the go.
- It has a 400-watt motor that can crush through ice and frozen fruit.
- It has a built-in fuse that revives the motor within 15 minutes in case of an overheat.
- The bottle has a 20-ounce capacity, BPA-free and is dishwasher safe.
- The spokes that link the blade to the motor can easily wear out. In this case, the motor would run but the blade wouldn’t spin. Purchase a replacement together with the set to avoid inconvenience.
#2. Ninja Master Prep (QB900B)
The good thing about this blender is that it has two separate jars that you can interchange. The 48-ounce pitcher is for blending drinks and smoothies and the 16-oz. chopper bowl is for mincing and dicing fruits. It has a 400-watt motor that can easily crush through ice and hard fruit and a set of blades that allows multiple functions such as mince, dice, chop, and puree.
It also comes with a splash guard, a pour spout, and a no-slip base for additional efficiency and convenience.
- The 400-watt motor is capable of crushing ice and frozen fruit.
- It has two container jars that can be interchanged depending on the function.
- It has a set of blades that can also slice, mince, dice, and puree aside from just blend fruit.
- It also comes with a splash guard and a pour spout for a mess-free blending all the time.
- The jar is made of plastic and tends to chip on impact with hard materials such as ice and frozen fruit. Pre-crush the ice and slice fruits into smaller pieces to lessen this tendency.
#3. Ninja Professional Blender & Nutri Ninja Cups (BL660)
This blender understands that sometimes you want to make smoothies for the entire family, but sometimes you just want to make smoothies for yourself. This blender has a 64-oz. capacity pitcher and at the same time have two 16-oz. containers which you can bring with you anywhere.
The 1100-watt motor is more than enough to crush ice or any frozen fruits and the blades are designed to ensure that there are no chunks or blocks of ice that will remain after blending.
- It has a powerful 1100-watt motor that can surely take on the hardest of fruits and ice.
- It has blades that leave no chunk or block of ice uncrushed.
- The set includes a large 64-oz. pitcher and two 16-oz. jars for making smoothies for the entire family or on the go.
- All the removable parts are BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
- The lid has a safety feature in which it should be locked on before it would turn on. There is a tendency of the lock of the lid to malfunction, and that causes the blender not to turn on.
#4. Hamilton Beach Personal Single Serve Blender with Travel Lid, Black (51103)
The main feature of the blender is how easy and portable it is to use. All you have to do is put the fruits and ice inside and press the button. The 175-watt motor and stainless steel blades can crush ice and frozen fruits so you can mix it with your favorite protein powder.
The 16-ounce jar is designed to be used on the go. You can just remove it from the base and bring it anywhere. You can enjoy a spill-free sip through the travel lid, and the jar fits most car holders.
- The blender is designed for people on the go. It has a jar that fits most car holders and has a travel lid that lets you drink from it anytime.
- The 175-watt motor is capable of crushing ice and frozen fruits.
- The blades are made of stainless steel and are very sharp and durable.
- It has an easy one-touch operation.
- Storage is easy. The blender has a wrap-around cord and can be stored upside down.
- The motor tends to overheat and emit smoke. Pre-crush the ice and slice the fruits into smaller pieces to lessen the chance of this happening.
#5. Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Multi-Function Blender with 14 Speeds & 40 oz. Glass Jar, Silver (54221)
I think that when this blender was being designed, Hamilton Beach has the consumer in mind. It addresses every concern a customer might have. It has a 700-watt motor, not too strong, not too weak. The jar is made of shock-resistant glass instead of flimsy plastic. It has 14 preset blending functions and a no-spill pouring lid to avoid any mess.
- It has a 700-watt motor that can easily cut through ice and frozen fruit.
- The 41-oz. thermal shock resistant glass jar ensures that it would not chip or break even with impact to ice and other hard particles of food.
- It has 14 blending functions to choose from to have the perfect blend.
- The wave action system cause particles to flow down through the blades and so that it gets thoroughly blended.
- This is not the blender for people that are particular with how well their drinks are blended. It can blend ice but often leave chunks of fruits unblended despite the wave technology.
The best blender for frozen fruit for me is the Ninja Professional Blender & Nutri Ninja Cups (BL660). It has a whooping 1000-watt motor, stronger than any of its peers, that can definitely crush ice and frozen fruits. I also love that they have a large pitcher and a portable jar as well so that you can easily make smoothies whether it is for the family or on the go.