These aren't your average, everyday jalapeño poppers. They are kicked up a notch with crispy, crumbled bacon, 3 different types of cheese, lime juice and lots of garlic going on. You'll want to make these every single football Sunday!!
When life hands you lemons, you make jalapeño poppers with bacon, lots and lots of bacon. Bacon makes everything better. When you start a new job and think everything is great and your new co-workers are super nice and then find out they secretly think your not so great, you go home and make 3 dozen jalapeño poppers, extra bacon, triple the cheese. That's totally a rational thing to do right?
You may want to make an extra batch of bacon to snack on while you're putting these poppers together....... just saying.
Cream Cheese, Sharp Cheddar and Goat Cheese along with crumbled Bacon and chopped garlic.
Now, the responsible thing to do is eat all of the jalapeño poppers that have either to much cheese spilling over the edges, are too crooked to stand upright or are in any other way not good enough to photograph or in your case to present to your friends and family. I'm all about being responsible in that way.
TIME: 30 MINUTES - YIELDS: 24 JALAPENO POPPERS
YOU WILL NEED
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Using a small paring knife, carefully remove white veins and seeds. Wash your hands thoroughly to remove jalapeño residue, be careful not to touch your eyes or nose for a while, ouch! In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients.
Using a small spoon and your hands, fill the halved jalapeños with the bacon-cheese mixture. Place them on the lined baking dish and bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown and delicious.
A huge thanks to Erica from The Crumby Cupcake for hosting this weeks
Bacon event at Sunday Supper!!! Make sure you check out all of the other Sunday Supper bloggers fabulous bacon recipes! From appetizers to dessert, there's no such thing as too much bacon!!!
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.