These baked potatoes are stuffed full of delicious comfort foods like ham and cheese. When you are looking for a super simple and thrifty supper to make this is perfect! All of the kiddos thought they were getting a special treat with their own individually stuffed cheesy hot potato and I was happy because they couldn't have been easier to throw together.
This week at Sunday Supper we are all sharing our favorite finger foods, FUN! There are some pretty creative and delicious ideas from my SS friends. I love how they are all fuss free and perfect not only for dinner but in the lunch box as well.
You will have extra filling left over from these bad boys. Throw it in a little casserole dish and bake it alongside the stuffed potatoes! I ate this the next day for lunch with some fruit.
Pick em up and stuff em in your mouth hot out of the oven, no fork needed!
TIME 45 MINUTES SERVES 4-5
YOU WILL NEED
4 medium size russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
1 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped ham (I used a boneless ham steak)
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or favorite cheese)
1 cup sour cream (cottage cheese works too)
small handful of chopped fresh parsley
pinch of salt & black pepper to taste
PUTTING THEM TOGETHER
Using a fork, poke a few holes in each potato (this allows the steam to escape so they don't burst open when you cut them later)
Place the whole potatoes on a baking sheet, in oven and cook for 20 minutes until a fork pierces them easily. Don't over cook, you will be baking them again after you stuff them.
Carefully remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes until you can handle them. Cut in half lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the potato into a bowl. Be careful not to scoop out to much leaving about 1/4" so the potato skins won't fall apart when you stuff them. Mix with remaining ingredients. Using a large spoon, stuff the filling into the potato skins.
Place them back on the baking sheet and cook another 10 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
Optional: Serve with cottage cheese and drizzle with hot sauce or salsa.
SUNDAY SUPPER FAMILY RECIPES FOR FINGER FOODS
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Russian Piroshki (Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fried Italian Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls with Gravy by From Gate to Plate
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Nashville Hot Chicken Flat Breads by Dad Whats 4 Dinner
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Hot Wings by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potato Skins by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Steak Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper Spread by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blackberry Fried Hand Pies by The TipToe Fairy
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.