Here's the thing. I'm a procrastinator, through and through. I'd like to blame it on the kids but I'm pretty sure I've been this way since, well puberty I think. I mean, don't get me wrong, the chaos, constant interruptions, fighting, yelling and occasional minor civil war in the family room don't help matters any but I'm a procrastinator nonetheless. Which is why I'm making, photographing and writing this post and 7:37 on a Saturday evening.
Take back. It's totally the kids fault. They've been in here 72 times in the last 4 minutes and screaming at each other when not in 'my' room. The darlings.
But, we shall focus on the task at hand which happens to be popcorn. Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn. Peanut Butter and Jelly popcorn coated in rich, velvety, melted white chocolate sort of popcorn. Because sometimes that's how it needs to be done. That's a matter of fact.
In an effort to bring the aforementioned darlings a special treat for Back to School I went with a special spin on our all time favorite snack, popcorn. Major success. The Sunday Supper Team has collaborated once again to pull together a bountiful list of Back to School snacks, sips and main dishes for you all.
Another huge thanks to Tammi at Momma's Meals for helping me co-host this weeks Sunday Supper!
While I am aware that this snack has sugar in it which is a rarity in our house and certainly on this blog, it is if fact a special treat. I do however choose my ingredients carefully and don't buy products containing High Fructose Corn Syrup and other chemically manufactured ingredients. Have you looked at the back of the jars and whatnot's that you're purchasing lately? It was really difficult to find a jam or jelly that didn't contain HFCS, in fact, it was the first ingredient on almost all of the jars. I usually buy the Costco/Kirkland brand jelly and PB which contains all natural ingredients. At the grocery store, Smuckers All Natural was the only brand that didn't have HFCS or preservatives in it.
Now I'm off to watch a movie with the sweet darlings. Funny how Despicable Me, Ratatouille, Princess Diaries and Frozen never get old......... well maybe Frozen :)
Happy Back to School Snacking!
You Will Need
Wax paper or a silpat
4 cups popcorn (1/2 cup kernels)
1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
1 heaping spoonful all natural, no sugar added peanut butter
1 heaping spoonful grape jelly
In a small, nonstick sauce pot add half of the chocolate. Cook on medium till they start to melt while stirring with a rubber spatula. Stir in the peanut butter and cook until combined.
Repeat with the remaining chocolate and jelly.
Divide the popcorn into 2 large bowls.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over one bowl of popcorn and toss to coat. Repeat with the jelly mixture and remaining bowl of popcorn.
Spread each bowl of popcorn evenly on a sheet of wax paper or silpat. Let cool to harden. I put mine in the fridge for a bit.
I hope you will Pin and share this post and then visit all of my friends who share in the mission to bring simple, delicious foods to the table during the school year and beyond.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Back to School Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Muffins from Killer Bunnies
- Make Ahead Waffle Casserole from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Apple Muffins from Meal Diva
- Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Toast Three Ways from Foxes Love Lemons
- Owl Bento Box from Simply Gourmet
- First Day of School Pinwheels from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Quick and Easy Hot Pastrami Sliders from Webicurean
- Grilled Chicken Revamp from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan from Hezzi D's Books and Cooks
- Chicken and Zucchinin Meatballs from Casa de Crews
- Clean Eating Lunches Your Kids will Love from Amee's Savory Dish
- Crispy Chicken Legs from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- DIY Veggie Cup Noodles from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Nuggets from Nosh my Way
- Skinny Spinach Mac and Cheese from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Chicken Schnitzle from Panning the Globe
- Berry Nutty Bento from Ninja Baking
- Spagetti and Chicken Meatballs from Soni's Food
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Honey Lime Vinagraitte from The Weekend Gourmet
- Steak & Cheese Pockets from Momma's Meals
- Turkey Pinwheels from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Nutty Granola from Life Tastes Good
- On the Go Guacamole from Shannon at Country Girl in the Village
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Energy Balls from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Playground Granola Bars from Noshing with the Nolands
- Apricot Dip from Magnolia Days
- Parmesan Garlic Oven Roasted Chick Peas from Ruffles and Truffles
- Home Made Graham Crackers from Curious Cuisiniere
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Apple Zucchini Flax Bread from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Beef and Veggie Sliders from Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn from Simply Healthy Family
- Frushi (Fruit Sushi) from Mama Bee Does
- Open Face PB & J Cookies from Desserts Required
- Berry Topped Chocolate Silk Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Paletas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Love Note Doodle Bugs from Happy Baking Days
- Frozen Yogurt Mud Pies from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Crispy Treats from The Texan New Yorker